LTTng is an open source kernel and userspace tracing framework for Linux. This talk will introduce developers and system administrators alike to the toolkit and show how it can help them get visibility into development and production systems. The following themes will be covered:
- A description of the different tools involved
- LTTng compared to other tracing tools like *perf* and *strace*
- The state of LTTng in Debian
- Basic use cases and workflows
- Analysis of kernel traces
You should leave this talk with an uncontrollable desire to use LTTng.
Talk (45 mins) session with Michael Jeanson during Debconf 16